Frosted Tomato Rock
Difficulty: tricky. Preparation time: 40 mins.
- 250gr of hanging tomato
- 30 gr extra virgin olive oil
- 20 gr vinegar
- 2 gr garlic
- 2 gr salt
- 1 gr sugar
- 1 piece of bread soaked in water
- 5 gr of iota
- Liquid nitrogen
- 4 boiled eggs
- 3 slices of Iberian ham
- 1 thin slice of toasted bread
- Make a traditional salmorejo: first cut the tomatoes in about four pieces and place in a beater, add the oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, sugar and bread soaked in water. Thread everything until it is in a liquid state and with all the ingredients well integrated. Strain.
- Next, remove a glass of salmorejo and boil it with the 5 gr of iota (gelling). When boiled, remove from heat and place with the help of a circular mold on the plate. Add a few pieces of boiled egg, some toasted bread crumbs and Iberian ham.
- For the top, take a ladle and dip it in liquid nitrogen. When it stops boiling, remove the ladle and dip its back in the salmorejo container. Let it dry for a few seconds and separate the tomato top from the ladle with care. Incorporate the top on the salmorejo on the plate.
To eat: break the top.
My favourite tomato moment
My favourite tomato fact
Our favorite tomato moment is the tomato fair in Alcalà, where the whole town pays homage to this product and we participate with a beautiful showcooking to show all the tomato’s possibilities.
I love tomato “de penjar” because it is so tasty and versatile.