Difficulty: very easy. Preparation time: 15 mins.
Ingredients (makes 4 servings)
- 800g tomatoes
- 1 middle-sized onion
- several basil leaves for decoration
- 2 tb olive oil
- 2 tb white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tb water
- basil and oregano
- a dash of lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Peel and chop the onion. Cut the washed tomatoes into slices and put them in a large bowl together with the onions.
- Now mix the dressing from the olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, water and the chopped herbs (basil and oregano). Add some sugar and a splash of lemon, season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the whole mixture over the tomatoes and onions.
- Leave the salad in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
My favourite tomato moment
Gardening is the cheapest therapy and you get tomatoes ;-)
Profile: Costoluto (Pomodoro di Pachino)Growth region:
Sicily, ItalySize (in g):
flattened and ruffledColour:
green to redBasic taste:
sweet, slightly tart, full bodiedTexture: