Difficulty: Very easy. Preparation time: 15 minutes.
- 400g Fusili pasta
- 300g Camone tomatoes
- 300g Mozzarella
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper according to taste
- 2 handfuls of fresh basil
- 1 small clove of garlic
- A hint of dried oregano
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Throw in the pasta, stir and cook according to the packaging directions until al dente.
- In the meantime, chop the tomatoes and mozzarella into pieces about the size of the pasta. Finely chop the basil leaves and garlic clove and put together in a large bowl.
- Add to the bowl olive oil, salt, pepper and dried oregano according to taste.
- Mix well, taste and season until the flavours are well balanced to your liking.
- Drain the pasta and let it cool down a bit. Finally, add the pasta to the remaining ingredients in the bowl and mix well.
My favourite tomato moment
My favourite tomato fact
After becoming used to pale and bland supermarket tomatoes, it was a revelation to re-discover tasty tomatoes and the multitude of varieties from different places and for different purposes.
I find it fascinating that from being considered as unhealthy in medieval times, the tomato has become one of the most consumed, popular and nutritious vegetables around the world.